1.1 “we” or “us” means Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (1986) limited
1.2 “you” means the customer booking with us
1.3 “match to match” refers to bookings made for individual matches
1.4 “seasonal booking” refers to bookings made for every League match in the 2009/2010 season plus the first two cup games played at Molineux.
2. The seasonal booking admits the holder to 19 Premiership League Games and the first two cup games (if drawn at home) and all home reserve matches.
3. We cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for tickets/passes lost or destroyed. Upon writing to the Commercial Office Manager explaining the circumstances surrounding the loss, an administration charge of £10 will be made for the replacement of membership cards and/or match tickets. Executive Suite and/or Executive Box books will be charged at £50.
4. All correspondence should be marked with your customer reference number which can be found at the top of your enclosed letter and/or on your membership card.
5. It is important that changes of address should be notified in writing to the Commercial Department.
6. Under no circumstances are:
6.1 car park permits to be passed on, loaned or sold;
6.2 passes, tickets and permits of any other kind to be sold
7. We cannot be held responsible for booking forms or tickets lost in the post.
8. Duplicate Match tickets will only be issued on the day of the fixture.
9. Please note that photographers will be present at various games throughout the season and some crowd photographs may be used for media purposes. You hereby consent to your image being used in this way. If you have any concerns or would like to discuss this further, please contact the Marketing Department.
10. CCTV is employed and operated within the stadium for the purpose of control and safety of spectators. Recorded images may be used as evidence.
11.1 Seasonal bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a signed hospitality contract
11.2 Match to match bookings are confirmed upon receipt of the signed hospitality agreement form
*A CONFIRMED BOOKING CREATES A CONTRACT UNDER WHICH YOU PURCHASE FROM US THE TICKET(S) INDICATED IN YOUR BOOKING. ONCE A BOOKING IS CONFIRMED OUR CANCELLATION POLICY AS DETAILED IN SECTION 16 APPLIES
12. PAYMENT TERMS
12.1 ‘Early Bird’ bookings – Full payment is required by Friday 13th March 2009
12.2 Seasonal bookings – Full payment is required by 20th July .
12.3 Match to match bookings – For a fixture booked more than two months in advance an invoice will be sent and payment in full is required upon receipt of the invoice. All other bookings must be paid for at the time of purchase.
12.4 In the event of non-payment, we reserve the right to cancel the booking, in such a situation the cancellation terms as detailed in section 16 will apply.
12.5 A booking fee will be charged on all credit card transactions.
12.6PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE GAME IS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT BY CHEQUE, IN THIS INSTANCE WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY CASH, CREDIT CARD OR BACS TRANSFER
12.7 TICKETS WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF FULL CLEARED FUNDS
12.8 No cash payments will be accepted on a Match day.
13. DRESS CODE
13.1 A smart casual dress code applies on a matchday. Any persons wearing denim, trainers, tracksuits or football colours will be denied entrance
13.2 Gentlemen in Presidents Club must wear a tie.
13.3 It is the responsibility of the customer booking the hospitality to inform their guests of dress codes.
14.1 For match to match bookings, parties of less than ten cannot be guaranteed a private table.
14.2 Match Sponsorships are based on parties of 10.
14.3 We need to be informed of any special dietary requirements prior to the game in which you are attending.
We will endeavour to meet requests made on the day but we are unable to guarantee this.
14.4 We must be advised of any away supporters in your party, we may be able to arrange for them to be located with the
away supporters but please be aware that this will result in half time refreshments being served at full time (if this is part of the package booked)
14.5 If you do have away fans in your party who don’t relocate, please ensure they are made fully aware that they are seated with home supporters. If they are identified as away supporters the club reserves the right to remove them from the stadium for their own safety.
15. RE-ARRANGED MATCHES
15.1 Hospitality agreement forms are still binding for matches that are re-arranged for reasons out of our control e.g. TV commitments or weather conditions.
15.2 Cancellation charges as detailed in section 16 will apply to re-arranged fixtures.
15.3 We will endeavour to transfer your booking to another game to avoid a cancellation charge but this is subject to availability.
16. CANCELLATION CHARGES
16.1 Should cancellation be necessary, please note that the following charges will apply
90-61 days prior to the event – 25% of total charge
60-31 days prior to the event – 50% of total charge
30-15 days prior to the event – 75% of total charge
Less than 14 days prior to the event – 100% of total charge
17. CAR PARKING
17.1 There will be a delay of a minimum of 15 minutes when leaving all car parks after the final whistle to assist in the safe dispersal of all supporters.
17.2 Car parking spaces are issued on the basis of one space per four persons in a party.
17.3 Additional car parking bays will not be issued by the commercial department however, a limited amount of parking is available to purchase from the Ticket Office.
18. GROUND REGULATIONS
18.1 Entry to the ground is expressly subject to acceptance by the visitor of the ground regulations and the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The FA Premier league and the Football League in respect of the relevant competition. The Ground Regulations incorporate the Clubs Customer Charter (if any).
18.2 Entry to the ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations
19.1 In line with government legislation, Molineux is a no smoking venue.
19.2 Guests are allowed to smoke in the open areas outside of the stadium (provided they collect the correct match specific ‘pass-out’) up to 15 minutes prior to kick off.
20. CHRISTMAS PARTIES
20.1 In the unlikely event of a televised fixture (resulting in a 5.20pm kick off) in December, we reserve the right to move your post match facility to an alternative area.
21. LICENSE LAWS
21.1 In order to conform to the License regulations and instructions, no alcohol consumption is permitted in view of the pitch, either 15 minutes prior to kick off or 15 minutes after the final whistle.
Terms & ConditionsWritten by Super User